Fanny Bay Salmonid Enhancement Society's goal is to rebuild the wild Coho population in local streams and restore Chinook, Chum and Pinks in historically used creeks.
Here are some quick links to articles on this page.
See all the hours!
This Photo is of Rosewall Creek Falls taken by Terri Matheson. To see a larger version please click here.
The Fanny Bay Salmonid Enhancement Society hatchery is near the mouth of Rosewall Creek, at 8425 Berray Road.
For a map to our hatchery click HERE
- to encourage the return of wild salmon runs;
- to enhance the creeks by repairing and creating additional habitat;
- to monitor and protect existing habitat, ensuring the miracle of salmon for future generations.
To achieve these goals, four major areas need to be addressed:
- Inclusion: Involvement and education of the public on the importance of non-degraded habitat/watercourses for salmon survival.
- Restoration: Increasing the survival rate of wild salmon and restoring their runs.
- Enhancement: Repair of creek, river and riparian habitat.
- Monitoring: Protection of fish, creeks and riparian habitat.
Our organization started with three very interested and willing people in 1993 and has steadily grown since then both in volunteer numbers, and in our own level of knowledge. The educational part of our endeavours has radiated out into the Baynes Sound community. We continue to network out into the Comox Valley, and the larger area of Vancouver Island.
In 1995, FBSES became a non-profit Society of 25 members, under the leadership of Jim Ackinclose. Today, we have 50 members that participate in the enhancement and monitoring of twenty watersheds on Baynes Sound.Back to Top
The River Never Sleeps Festival 2014 -coming Sunday MAY 4th!
A celebration of Salmon and their EcoSystems
To see images from last year's Fesitval click on THIS LINK
Click on the image to download the poster
The Fanny Bay Salmonid Enhancement Society (FBSES) is pleased to announce that Judy Ackinclose is the recipient of the Diamond Jubilee Medal. Judy was nominated by FBSES for her commitment to supporting the conservation, education and protection of salmon resources in British Columbia.
Read the entire article HERE
***Check out our event archives! Back to Top
Some of our Projects are documented here:
Check out our project archives HERE!Back to Top
Department of Fisheries and Oceans
Pacific Salmon Foundation
Ministry of Transport - Environmental Services